Thursday, June 21, 2012

When Lightning Strikes by Meg Cabot

 Just because her best friend wants to exercise, Jessica Mastriani agrees to walk the two miles home from their high school. Straight into a huge Indiana thunderstorm -- and straight into trouble.
Not that Jess has never been in trouble before. Her extracurricular activities, instead of cheerleading or 4-H, include fistfights with the football team and monthlong stints in detention -- luckily, sitting right next to Rob, the sexiest senior around. But this trouble is serious.
Because somehow on that long walk home, Jessica acquired a newfound talent. An amazing power that can be used for good...or for evil.







It was alright, but not good enough. Solid 3!

Characters: I had a problem with many of the characters. I found most of them so annoying. I didnt love to hate them or anything, I just simply hated them and thought that without them the book might have been way better. I think that it might be my fault since I just didnt like a lot of their personalities but I still couldnt bare it. Other than that the other characters were great and I loved them they were really realistic and very relatable.

Plot: The plot was great and full of twists that I never saw coming. I loved the concept of the story and even though I dont really think it was that original I still liked to read about it. One problem I had was the writing style, at first I didnt like it and thought it was really hard to get the words to flow right but after I while I got used to it. Another thing that I liked was that everything in the book was important later on. There were no plot wholes or boring parts.

Overall: Overall the book was good but due to the language I would recommend this 14+. But I think that if she got ride of the cussing it would be good enough for any age group to read. It was a good book but it had some problems with the characters and plot that made me give it a 3. Not one of my favorites but really close.

2 comments:

  1. I did start to read this book once at the library but never got around to finishing it for some reason. Great Review, might look out for it again now. :)
    Amy
    http://teenyreader.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should really read it. And then tell me what you thing. You might really like it! :)

      Delete